The school came into operation on 22 September 1952 with 12 infants' pupils enrolled under the care of Mr L.J. Hansen.
These twelve children were:
- Jeffrey Abell
- Barry Daly
- Carol Gifford
- David Ray
- Graham Armstrong
- Alan Davie
- Vicki Nordish
- Robin Rowe
- Rosemary Clink
- Robyn Dean
- David Playfair
- Kevin Setterfield
Mr James J. Samuels was appointed Headmaster on 27 January 1953 and by 20 March the enrolment had risen to 99.
To cope with the increasing enrolment an additional two classrooms were provided during 1953 and were completed prior to the official opening in September.
The official opening of the school by Mr R. J. Heffron, Minister for Education, took place on Saturday 12 September 1953.
2002 School Upgrade
In October 2002, work commenced on the $4.3 million upgrade of the school. The new facilities include:
- school hall with an adjoining covered outdoor learning area
- modern canteen
- state of the art library
- redeveloped administration building
- covered walkways and disabled access to classrooms, library and administration building
- two new classrooms
- Technology centre
- all weather sports court
The upgrade was completed in 3 stages.
Stage 1 (completed August 2003)
- redevelopment of administration building
- new library
- disabled access ramps
Stage 2 (commenced August 2003)
- construction of school hall, including new canteen and large covered annex
- relocation of four classrooms to new sites
- construction of covered walkways
Stage 3 (commenced mid 2004, completed June)
- construction of two new classrooms
- construction of all weather sports court
- redevelopment of old canteen to provide new learning space for Technology centre